The frog with his last breath asks the scorpion...

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

A Scorpion asks the frog for a ride across the river...

I met a beautiful, sexy woman at Club Pacha. When she danced everyone danced around her. I asked her where she was from and she told me she grew up in Boston but lived in Miami before moving to NYC. We ended up going out for coffee.

I told her I had a brother who I always competed with and everytime I see him I still feel like wrestling him to the ground. She said that she loved her brother but hated her parents. She said they had a big fight when she was in high school and they threw her out of the house. She then stole their car and drove to Florida and became a stripper for 6 years.

I said "Wow, that's really hot, maybe we should go out or something." So we made plans to go out next week. With more time to think about it, I'm starting to doubt the wisdom behind dating someone who made $100k/yr lap dancing for strange men $20 at a time. So let me ask you this - Does anyone have a good example of anyone who's gone out with a former stripper which has not ended in pain and suffering?

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't every job in life really just a $20 lap dance? Shame on you for judging her...

9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cass,
I once took a stripper with me to an event at the U.N. - a reception and sitdown dinner with the President of the Rome region (here we would refer to him as a Governor, but the Italians love that "president" word.
Anyhow, everthing was fine - aside from her clearly stripper-type ensemble - until I realized that when she excused herself to go to the bathroom, she also was informing certain people of where she worked, and that they should come by and see her! Some of these people even wound up meeting us afterward at the World Bar.
Needless to say, I didn't go out with her again.
Where is she now? Apparently she hooked up with a well-known Hollywood producer and is now credited as one herself. Supposedly, they've got a film either in production or going into production.
Crazy world, and a true story.

Tony C.

9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you date a stripper, there's def. a certain mentality they adopt towards men - as a source of cash.

Aside from not having a lot of respect for themselves, they tend to not have a lot of respect for men who try and date them.

Essentially, everything get's viewed [as you put it] in term of $20 at a time. ANd they have a really good sense of how long a song should be!

10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

An "odd" couple live in the neighborhood next to mine:

The husband is an undercover policeman; the wife is a stripper. Their house is a huge beach home - probably not obtained from the husband's income.

The happily-ever-after part is that they've been happily married for just over 7 years.

10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think most women and men who work in the "adult" entertainment business...which happens to be a very profitable business.. are hard working professionals.

Who says they dont have respect for themselves?

Maybe they did not have the money to go to private university... In fact, I've heard several stories of women stripping through Harvard, and are now on Wall Street, or lawyers. Would you consider these women/men as not having respect for themselves?

10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A couple things...

(1) A LOT of strippers also occassionally accept funds from men for "services"- meaning would you have an issue dating a hooker?

(2) Like Johnny Drama said in "Entourage"- "I don't pay for pussy"- then he gave the girl rent money.

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think if you really like her it shouldnt matter what she does for a living. once she makes you happy and you guy's enjoy each other company thats all that matters.life is short and if you think she is a good person at heart then that is all that matters... a good thing is hard to find. most stripper wants to feel like there are human being too and i know this for a fact because i am a stripper that own two townhouses, getting a master degree in psych and find it hard dating because i am always over qualified to be in a relationship. most men are afraid to date me because i am a well established dancer who have alot going for myself. so i say to you, always follow your heart and give her a chance because at the end of the day she will be coming home to you.

11:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Going out w/ a stripper as a jump-off is one ....good....? thing...dating a stripper, ALWAYS ends in pain and suffering....

11:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's depends on who you consider the Frog and whom you consider the Scorpion. Roles are sometimes reversed.

12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It takes a great body and self confidence to take your clothes off. She will carry that confidence to the bedroom.

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cass,

I have three words for you: "hit and run". enough said :)

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You question dating a woman who uses her sex for power? Only another woman should judge her, and usually will, out of jealousy. My stripper girlfriend was fantastic, lots of sex and just fun and happy most of the time. That can also be said of the librarian I dated.

1:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cass,

Yes, you should go out with her but wear protection. Sometime when I date Manhattan women, I think of them all as hooker transcation (probably has something to do with my time living in Amsterdam and the sex for money attitude i.e. buy me gifts, pay for me, hold this door open...yada...yada...yada...), however; I've noticed over the years that the women that require the lowest monetary investment tend to put out the most.

Now about the cost of lap dances. Personnally, I almost NEVER pay for a lap dance. Why pay $50 for a cock tease lap dance; when I can have the real deal in Europe for 50 euros? The fact is prostitution is very over priced in this country unless you want to go to crack whores. You're much better off paying a few hundred for a plane ticket and seeing the world. That's what I did...

2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to hang out at strip clubs and dated several strippers. (Hint: if you ever want to date a stripper, NEVER get lap dances.)
Most had issues (mostly father issues, go figure). The strangest was Joy, who dated me while her "boyfriend" was in jail for dealing drugs. One night I went to meet her and she ran up to me all excited saying that they released her boyfriend and then proceeded to tell me he was there and she wanted me to meet him! Make a LSS, she drags me to meet the guy and he turned out to be really nice(no, she didnt tell him I was keeping her warm for him while he was away). Oh, wait, you were asking about FORMER strippers. Never mind.

1:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good grief...you said that when she told you that she was a stripper, you said "Wow, that's hot, we should go out!" How old are you?!?! Seriously, you sound like a 17 year old. If you ask a stripper out on a date, that's what you are going to get. If you were in the mood for a fantastic steak, you'd go to Peter Luger's, not Sizzler.

4:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I dated a call girl who told me that she jest broke up with her B/f. Turns out she was seeing him the entire time. Several things I learned from this. He was a rich wall street guy, they are married and have a kid. I see he from time to time. She said it was better to be a whore to one man than many, hence see married the rich guy. Also she lied to me about seeing him, but not about the fact she slept with other men for money which didnt bother me, why lie about one thing but not another. I learned a lot about men and how they view women. Many men try to buy girlfriends, they get escorts and then try to get them as girl friends.

6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home